Fidelio is a Linux/Unix client for
Hotline, a proprietary protocol
that combines ftp-like, irc-like and news-like functions
with user authentication and permissions in one package.
Fidelio is currently fully functional as a non-administative client,
with the exception of banners.
- Multiple concurrent connections
- Single window per server connection
- Tree-structured bookmarks
- Trackers and searchable index of servers.
- Userlist and public chat in one pane.
- Private chat
- Both flat (v. 1.2) and threaded news support, with posting of news.
- Ignore messages and chat of users.
- Private Messages
- Sounds on events
- Multiple icon set loading
- Use of custom icon sets for buttons
- Uploading, donwloading, resuming of file transfers.
- Per-donwload and per-upload bandwidth caps
- Server-side and client-side file queues.
Please report errors and omissions to